Friday, May 05, 2006

Clothing for the South

Summer approaches and I am sadly storing away my lovely long down coat and I realize suddenly that I will not need to wear this LLDC anymore, for in Chattanooga, the temperature will not drop to minus 20 F very often. (i.e. the next ice age). The coat is ankle length, very durable, has a hood with a soft layer of fox fur around the edges and has the nicest down filling one could ask for. Will I give it away? Will I sell it on E-bay? No, no, no! It has been my security blanket. It went with me to the hospital when I had a severe reaction to antibiotics. I could go out in ANY weather and feel comfy. It wrapped me as I blogged in a cold living room. It smells very faintly of rose.

My husband, who never gets rid of anything ever, thinks I’m silly to keep it. No. People will have to pry it out of my hot, sweaty, dead-from-heat-exhaustion hands. I don’t know how but I will find a way to use this coat. (Suggestions are welcome)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I don't actually have any suggestions for you. Maybe you could take a ski vacation and enjoy the cold? I live in SC, and I only own a light jacket because it rarely gets cold enough here to warrant having a coat. I actually wish that we would get some "real" cold weather here! Summer is usually May until October, and I long for the brisk fall weather that the magazines show us but which does not happen here. You'd probably be wise to keep the coat for those pesky ice storms that we sometimes get - no power :P

Emotenote said...

Thanks Kathy, Do you really have ice storms? How encouraging. See, I have to keep the coat! Also, I discovered that the small mountain we will be living on (1000 ft) gets a tiny bit of snow sometimes. Must be practical.

Anonymous said...

How is it that such a hard-core liberal owns a coat with FOX FUR???

Emotenote said...

Actually, it's Siberian Tiger fur, I just didn't want to cause any waves. You know how liberals are always shooting tigers.

jcpenney coupons said...

Great tips to sell old clothes.